For teams purchasing the IberCup Accommodation Package
Traveling with the train is the easiest way to get around in Cascais Coast. Most of the football complexes have a nearby train station and all the participants can use the Iber Card to travel between the accommodations and this facilities.
The train line crosses the Cascais Coast and offers a secure and pleasant trip with the Atlantic ocean as scenario, and operate every 15 minutes. Other football complexes have conection through a public bus and tram system.
IberPass gives you free access to public transport system.
All the participating teams need to make sure if their accommodation option has free access to public transportation. Ibercard is included in the accommodation package for all participants. Gives free access to public train transportation between Cascais and Lisbon.
Other public transport systems such as Buscas and Scotturb, make the connections between train stations and football complexes. For Buscas and Scotturb all the participants must use the green card "Viva Viagem".
The Ibercard will not give you access into this 2 options. In 90% of the accommodation options teams can use the public transport network to go to the matches.
All participating teams may alternatively request a private bus service during the tournament week. This service is not included in the membership base package.
With this option you will have at your disposal a bus not only for transportation to matches, but also other leisure activities, previously agreed with the driver.
This service has the following characteristics: max. 9 hours of driving until max. 11 hours of service per day. Max 120 km / day.
Please confirm with IberCup staff all details of this service.
Lisbon International Airport
Transfers from the airport to the accommodation, is not included in the accommodation package. You can book the airport transfers through the organization. Just one service per team.
The teams who travel to Lisbon should inform the IberCup about the flight schedule no later than 45 days before the arrival. If you informed us after this date the tournament will not ensure this service. The transfer is exclusively for teams thus not for, accompanying people that don’t book the accommodation through the IberCup.
There are other airport alternatives to arrive at our tournament. Oporto 300km, Faro 300km, Seville 450km, Malaga 650km, Madrid 620km.
Private Transportation in IberCup
- If you hire this service, airport transfers will be included.
- All participating teams can alternatively request a private coach rental service throughout the tournament week.
- If IberCup does not receive any information about this itinerary, the first service at the airport will not be carried out and the teams will have to arrange their own way to their accommodation.
- Teams must send the flight itinerary to IberCup email@example.com 45 days before the tournament starts.
- IberCup will not schedule any itinerary or program and will not be responsible for any scheduling or bus management of any kind by the team, but will put the team leader in contact with the bus company so that they can manage everything between them.
- IberCup is not responsible for any schedule regarding the transport of a private bus that is not communicated 15 days before the service starts.
- Changes to the itinerary during the tournament must be communicated to the coach company representative.
- The driver cannot accept any changes without the authorization of his supervisor.
- On the first day of competition, the bus will be available 1: 30h before the start of the first game, if the teams do not communicate the time of the game to the bus company the day before, and the same rule will apply in the following days.
- Any major changes must be communicated 48 hours in advance and during the morning and an extra charge may apply.
- Please note that if the main change is communicated during the afternoon or less than 48 hours, it will not be accepted.
- Any delay considered responsible by the transport company, IberCup reserves the right to exempt itself from any liability, in case of breakdowns, accidents, delays or any other incidents resulting from the use of this transport and which may imply the team's no-show.
Restrictions on Private Bus Transport
The following restrictions have been established by the International Transport Department:
- 1. Drivers can drive 11 hours a day of driving, maximum 4:30 hours non-stop, where the driver will also have 45 minutes of rest between each stop.
- 2. The maximum limit for each bus is 150 km per day.
- 3. Every day, the driver must have a 9-hour rest period between services. Remember the time when the service ends that day, so that you have enough time to start the service the next day, so that you can arrive in time for the first game that day.
- 4. If the team has a game early the next day, it should end the service the day before just as early, to ensure that the driver has enough rest hours to start the service the next time.
- 5. During journeys, every 4:30 hours, the driver must make a 45-minute rest stop. We ask for special attention to these mandatory safety rules for drivers.
- 6. Please note that if organizing an excursion involving parking fees, these fees must be paid by the group.
- 7. Drivers can change daily. Be sure to provide the bus driver with the pickup information for the next day before he leaves.
- 8. An extra cost will be charged if services exceed 11h per day or 150 km per day.
Book Your Flight
Thanks to our agreements with several airlines, you can book your flights through IberCup and benefit from special prices. Please contact us for any assistance of our flight manager and request your budget.
Travel to Cascais - Portugal
The IberCup-Cascais is held on the Cascais Coast about 15 km from Lisbon center the Portuguese capital. If you are travelling to Portugal by plane the best easiest way to travel is directly to the Lisbon International Airport that is approximately 15 km from the tournament venues.
Whether you choose to travel to Portugal through Oporto or through Faro, the best option to travel the rest of the trip is by train to Lisbon. The city of Oporto and Faro are roughly 300 km from Lisbon.
Arrival and Departure Time
In case of delay caused by flight or transport issues, please advise our organization as soon as possible if any amendments are required, so we can adjust your arrangements wherever feasible.
Arrival and departure hours in each city are indicated at the local time of the respective country and according to the timetables of transport companies and therefore are subject to change.
On trips that include transport by bus the hours indicated have approximate character. We dont get any responsibility on delays due to technical or other reasons related to the means of transport, with the companies or due to natural causes. If you travel by plane, after passing through customs at the Airport your group will be met by the IberCup welcome desk. We will meet you in the arrival hall where we have a welcome desk. You will receive some information over the IberCup and your stay.
We advise you to reconfirm your return transfer to the airport as soon as you have arrived at the tournament. If you travel by bus, you must go to the accreditation point after you make the check in at your accommodation.
During this meeting you will receive detailed information about meal time tables, tournament game schedule, excursion options, etc.